Bulgari is one of the world's leading manufacturers of luxury goods, but from the beginning the focus was solely on the jewelry and then watches, and only much later it was extended to other luxury products.
It all began in Rome in 1884, when Sotirio Bulgari, a Greek immigrant who was descended from a family of silversmiths, opened his first store on Via Sistina. With the help of his two sons he opened in 1905, and his second shop in Via Condotti. This quickly became the gathering place for the rich and famous that demand high-quality design of jewelry inspired by Greek and roman art.
During the 1940's presented Bulgari their first timepiece, the snake-watch, which was inspired by the 1920's Art Deco. It was both different and extravagant, and quickly became known as a textbook example of a jewelry watch.
Although the company had produced watches for many years, was not a major collection before in the course of the 1970s. In 1977, presented to the Bulgari Bulgari, which was characterized by having the logo is engraved twice on the completely cylindrical lynette. This model was so far the company's most recognizable and best-selling model.
In the day to make many different model series and with different features, for example, dykkerure, chronographs and GMT watches with an extra time zone. Also, we have shown innovation with the use of materials such as f.ex. aluminum and rubber without in any way compromising the high quality standards.